Saturday, September 3, 2016

Behind Banker's Talk

I worked at Town and Country Bank in Stephenville, Texas during college.  I wrote Banker's Talk after I watched the people at the bank. 

I showed it to one of the manager's at the bank.  She loved it.  She showed everyone at the bank including the president of the bank.  Everyone at the bank said that they liked the poem.  Everyone kept trying to figure out which person they were in the poem.  It was fun to have people asking me which banker they were.

The manager that I had showed my poem to first, she submitted my poem to the Independent Bankers Association of Texas (IBAT) Magazine.   It was the first thing that I had ever had published.  It was a nice feeling.


Banker's Talk lead to me writing another poem for the bank, And the Banner Still Waves.