Saturday, September 3, 2016

Spiraling Down

Once my heart felt moments of sheer pleasure,
At the very thought of your name.
But now, with each passing moment,
Even your initials bring pain!

Why did I ever look at you that way?
Knowing full well that nothing would come of my thoughts.
Now, every time I see your face,
Sadness, pain, hurt, and anger are wrought.

Just when I think the pain is over,
Here comes another detail in the awful story.
Will it ever cease, will it ever stop?
How long must my heart ache, bleed, and worry?

I am spiraling down a long road that seems to know no end.
My heart hurts and tears are all my eyes can see.
I am spiraling down a long road that I hope doesn't curve to often.
My stomach is empty and my anger has almost consumed me.

I pray each day that this anguish would cease,
But my prayers seem to not be answered.
I cry each night that my heart would be free,
But it seems as if my tears don't hold the answer.


Lord, give me the strength to ride this spiral.
I don't know if it will ever stop.
Lord, help me hold steadfast.
I just hope this spiral down doesn't make my heart drop.